Friday, April 13, 2018

04/13/18 WARM AND FUZZY... NOT

04/13/18 WARM AND FUZZY... NOT

A photo came up as a memory from 7 years ago. Hehehe. I took this picture of a grandson in front of the TV, while we were watching The Waltons TV program. This photo was not photo-shopped. It was taken with a phone camera in our living room, just as you see it.

I captioned the photo with,

"Johnboy was the favorite until I came along."

(FOLLOW UP POST ON FB)

OPTICS and WORDS do not always convey TRUTH. My photo of my three year old grandson being held lovingly by Olivia Walton (of The Waltons TV program) is a great example of a warm and fuzzy, loving, heart touching scene, BUT IT NEVER HAPPENED.

Sometimes it is the warm and fuzzy, but sometimes it is the VENOMOUS MONSTERS that command attention; when in reality, NEITHER OF THEM might exist.

This is how...
hatred becomes lies and
lies become gossip and
gossip becomes scandal and
scandal becomes ruin.

Don't believe something just because it appears or sounds like it could be true or just because it has the endorsement of "nice," or even "Christian" people. The Bible tells us who the Accuser of the brethren is, and it is a family trait for his children.

Instead of basing your view of a person on the optics and words of another person, base your view on your own experience, your own knowledge, your own relationship with the accused and wait for solid evidence before you condemn someone, especially a fellow believer.

I have always told people not to swallow what I say, EVEN CONCERNING THE WORD OF GOD. I ask them to "chew on it," to examine the facts, weigh the evidence, compare Scripture with Scripture. Likewise, I ask people to evaluate me, my life, my ministry, my character, based on what they ACTUALLY know about me, and how my life fits together with the present.

There are plenty of people with monsters in their closets and false doctrines in their religion. These people bring their own level of confusion to the search for truth. DO NOT ALLOW Satan to rob you of truth by discrediting those who are telling the truth. Do not allow Satan to rob you of the ones who love you by making them into haters.

12/31/18 LIFT HIS NAME, AVOID THE SHAME