Saturday, December 29, 2018

12/29/18 I HAD A DREAM

12/29/18 I HAD A DREAM

I HAD A DREAM (literally), not to be confused with Martin Luther King's "I Have A Dream." Not inspiring as was King's "Dream Speech", but I do attach a meaning to it. However, it might not be worth your time to read it. Just so ya know.

The dream (or nightmare) involved me driving a car that belonged to a family member. As happens sometimes, a mouse had gotten into the dash compartment. The mouse was LARGE (about the size of a small RAT) and it was a pretty green color (like a "Parakeet Green"). When I sat in the drivers seat, the mouse was trying to exit the dash through an air vent (on the left side of the steering column). I was able to stop him, but he still struggled to squeeze through. Since he seemed to be held in place, I started to drive.

I would look at the vent from time to time, to check on the status of the mouse (with the big rat teeth), and everything seemed to be status quo. He still wiggled from time to time, but very little movement. However, at my last checkup I saw that he was near the point of escape. OH NO. NOT WHILE I AM DRIVING.

Since I could not end his attempt to escape and I did not want him running freely in the car I was able to block him, but he was now motivated to escape. I had to maintain constant restraint on it while I was driving the car.

I would like to tell you that the dream ended by the mouse becoming unable to escape or that it morphed into a beautiful bird and flew out the window. BUT actually, the dream ended with me trying to restrain the mouse, while driving the car.

Since I don't like to waste anything, including crazy dreams, here is my explanation.

We often find ourselves in conflict with our adversary, and of course, as Christians, we can defeat (stop) Satan. Defeating him does not eliminate him or annihilate him. He will be back. We win battles one by one, and we win the war by being faithful to the King (Jesus) until the end.

Even when we stop the enemy, allowing us to move on in life, we will come face to face with Him again. Any and all of our personal victories in this life does not end the lifelong conflict with Satan. But his return to torment does not insure his victory.

I am sorry to tell you, but we must keep on keeping on; we must continue in the faith, continue to fight the good fight of faith, continue to contend for the faith.

I am GLAD to tell you...
We can win and win and win again and again in this life.
We are more than conquerors.
We can always triumph in Christ.
We can walk in the light.
We are over-comers in this life.
We can keep His commandments and do that which is pleasing in His sight.
We can walk in a manner worthy of His Name.

Ok, the mouse dream is lame, but it was my dream. I couldn't help it.
AND, maybe the explanation is lame. After all, it is mine.
HOWEVER the truth concerning victory over our enemies (small or great, beautiful or ugly) is not lame. Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised.

12/31/18 LIFT HIS NAME, AVOID THE SHAME