Monday, December 31, 2018

12/31/18 DAILY FAITH

12/31/18 DAILY FAITH

DON'T PRESUME. Be thankful for every blessing. Trouble and suffering will come. Be established in Him.

STAND FIRM

Martha cuts my hair, and we have been threatening to take care of it for the past several days. When she got ready to leave this morning, Martha told me to be ready to get my haircut when she gets home today.

I thought about something when she said it, but did not make reply. I thought, how confident we are that she will make it home today, that I will be home, that no tragedy will intervene. Of course we should not worry or fret or be negative about life, but the fact is that life is fragile and tenuous at best.

HOPE IN FACE OF TROUBLES

Though we should not be pessimistic or fatalistic, neither should we be presumptive and unrealistic. I am hoping that all goes well today and that I see Martha this afternoon, that I am well and able to be home this afternoon, that my family and church folks will be able to get together for fellowship tonight. I want the good things of life to continue.

But reality says that difficult times and hardship and heartache will enter into every life at some point. Life is life, with all of the good, and not so good. But God is God, regardless of how faithful we are.

GOD HELP ME

God help me to live my life in thanksgiving and praise. Help me to recognize and utilize my blessings for Your honor and glory. Help me be a blessing to others, as long as you give me the opportunity. Fill my heart and life with Your presence, so that when darkness and storms come my way, I am still faithful and thankful.

12/31/18 LIFT HIS NAME, AVOID THE SHAME