Thursday, April 19, 2018

04/18/18 DOCTRINAL DISTINCTIVES AND MY APPROACH

04/18/18 DOCTRINAL DISTINCTIVES AND MY APPROACH
(I hope you read the two paragraphs about MY APPROACH)

DOCTRINAL DINSTINCTIVES

(some of mine)
I have some doctrinal distinctives (Bible beliefs that are not shared by some other Christians), such as,
Holiness of heart and life in this present evil world,
Christian Peacemaking and State Peace Keeping,
Church Discipline,
Male leadership of families and churches,
We choose to let sin separate us from God or God to separate us from sin,
Christ died for all sinners.
This is just an example.

I am not one sided or lopsided with these beliefs. Each one fits into my wheel of understanding in a balance. I obviously believe other fundamental truths (along with the rest of Bible believing Christianity).
There is only one God but He is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit,
Jesus is God and He is Man,
Jesus was virgin born,
The blood of Jesus on the cross provides Biblical atonement,
Jesus died physically for our sins and rose physically for our salvation,
Christ is the Head of the Church.

MY APPROACH (fyi)
My Doctrinal Distinctives fit together with my other Bible beliefs. I have a history of preaching all of these distinctives since the 1970s. I preach and teach, "the whole counsel of God" (Ac. 20:27). However, there are occasions that I focus on a particular subject in order to teach those truths through a systematic approach or by building layer upon layer in order to establish the facts of my argument. Normally this would take place as a matter of course in my local church, but sometimes I focus particularly on a doctrine because there is a clear and present danger that my people are facing at the time.

This is the reason for so many FB articles on CHURCH DISCIPLINE recently. Though I teach and preach it to my local church regularly as part of my Ecclesiology, I thought this to be a good time to address this Biblical position for other friends who might be interested. One reason is that very few people even know that Church Discipline is a Biblical standard for all churches and also because Christians need to know the Biblical directives concerning how to deal with blasphemous attacks on God, the Bible, the local church, pastors and other believers.

12/31/18 LIFT HIS NAME, AVOID THE SHAME