Friday, May 11, 2018

05/10/18 DASH-CAM MESSAGE Should I or Shouldn't I?

05/10/18 DASH-CAM MESSAGE Should I or Shouldn't I?
(NOTES)

Should a person sing a Christian song that refers to total commitment, even when that person is struggling with total commitment.

For instance, "My Desire, To Be Like Jesus."

Yes they should.
Even if they have reservations, hesitations. But especially if they want, to want To Be Like Jesus.

It is difficult for folks to make total surrender, but we all know we should surrender all to Him.

Regardless of your present relationship with Him, draw near to God (because He is calling you to Himself), and He will draw near to you.

My desire, to be like Jesus,
My desire to be like Him.
His Spirit fill me,
His love o'erwhelm me.
In word and deed, to be like Him.

O to be like Thee,
O to be like Thee.
Blessed Redeemer,
Pure as Thou art.
Come in Thy sweetness,
Come in Thy fullness.
Stamp Thine Own image,
Deep on my heart.

We should sing what we want to be.
It is not a matter of "positive confession," which supposedly creates reality. It is a confession of faith and a prayer.
Regardless of your background or relationship with Jesus, you should want to want to be like Him.
Sing any song that calls you to be conformed to this likeness.

12/31/18 LIFT HIS NAME, AVOID THE SHAME