Friday, March 9, 2018

03/09/18 SNAKES

03/09/18 SNAKES
Some folks believe that the only good snake is a dead snake. I personally would rather kill a snake than let it pose a threat to me, my family, my friends, my pets or farm animals. I realize some snakes are good for killing rats and even poisonous snakes. Sometimes beneficial snakes are killed and sometimes people allow dangerous snakes to live, allowing a present danger to children and pets.

However, there is a kind of snake that cannot be killed, no matter how dangerous it is.
I have seen this snake face to face, I have actually been bitten by this snake and watched this snake inject its venom in other people and families until there was no more life left in the family.
I have watched these snakes travel long distances to hurt and destroy.
I have watched as these snakes employed every trick and deception to destroy their targeted victims.
I have watched these snakes strike and recoil quickly in order to disable and destroy other passers by who did not even pose a threat to the snake's nest.
I have watched as innocent, but simple minded people were captivated by the hypnotic moves and appeal of the snake, taking them into their homes as love and protected pets, until the day that the killer snake inflicted them with death.

With other snakes it would be easy to stop the destruction and misery they cause, by stomping them, chopping off their head, shooting them as they recoil to kill anther victim. But as a Christian, I don't even want to kill this particular snake, though it will continue to destroy lives and families and communities as long as they live.

I have seen some of these snakes being captured and even domesticated. In fact, this is one of the things that makes this snake so dangerous. It has the potential for change, transformation, and therefore it often fools people into danger.

But when a two legged snake does not get changed into a loving creature, it will slither its way into person after person and generation after generation. Christians are not allowed go kill nor even want to kill a two legged venomous snake. Our only hope is to avoid their poisonous bite, resist their hypnotic invitation, is to pray for them to have a Divine transformation.

The father of these snakes has been around since the Garden and the work of these snakes has been focused on godly people who were seeking to do the work of God. A two legged snake is an anomaly, being the spiritual offspring of Satan, but at the same time the object of God's love.

The only way to recognize and deal with the two legged snake is to know the word of God, live the word of God, love God with the whole heart and mind and soul and strength and to love others with the love of Christ.

Allowing a two legged snake to slither its way into your heart and home is not only a threat to you but to your family and to anyone else they want to poison, as well as to the snake itself. It is not mean hearted to protect family and friends from the threat of a two legged snake. At the same time, we should not hate two legged snakes. In fact, the danger is not in what the two legged snake has done in the past, the danger is in what a two legged snake will repeat, time and again.

MARK SAID,
A man was hiking up a mountain. When he got to the top a snake called out and said, hey man please take me down the mountain where it's warmer. The guy said no way your a snake you'll bite me. The snake told him that he wouldn't bite him. So the guy obliged and put him in a sack. He was still worried that the snake would bite him when they got back to the warmer climate but the snake said that he wouldn't bite him at all, that he just wanted to get back down and live his life. So when they made it back down to the base of the mountain the guy reached into the sack to remove the snake and set him free and when he did the snake bit him! He immediately threw the snake to the ground and said WHAT IN THE WORLD DID YOU BITE ME FOR, YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T!? The snake looked up, sneered at the guy and said, "what did you expect, I'm a snake!

Interesting Passage.

Paul said,
2 Timothy 4:14-18

14 Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works:
15 Of whom be thou ware also; for he hath greatly withstood our words.
16 At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge.
17 Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.
18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

12/31/18 LIFT HIS NAME, AVOID THE SHAME