Tuesday, March 20, 2018

03/20/18 NO EASTER HERE

03/20/18 NO EASTER HERE

No Easter Bunny, No Easter Eggs, in fact, No Easter at The NET HOUSE.

We celebrate RESURRECTION of JESUS, and the children get it.

Isaiah 42:5-8
5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.
8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images
.

(someone agreed that it is the name of a pagan celebration)

DLG... Yep, it was a pagan celebration and these "Easter" furnishings are still an affront to the glorious resurrection of the Son of God. Easter was named for a perverted, incestuous fertility goddess (who had various names in various cultures though history) and the bunny represents fertility and the egg represents fertility. The whole thing is corrupt, from the top to the bottom, from beginning to end.

In spite of the friendly explanations people read on the internet, by so-called experts, the fact is that Satan has always had a counterfeit and false deliverer, in various places from the Cradle of Civilization to Greece, to Rome, to Scandinavia. To compartmentalize and divide is to cover up the work of Satan. I have never figured out why Christians (well meaning as they may be) do not just dump the pagan connections and focus on the most awesome event in the universe: God became a man, died on a cross and rose physically from the dead on the third day.

(someone said that maybe others would start to call it Resurrection if we do)
DLG... That would be wonderful, but I have been calling it Resurrection and not calling it Easter for over 50 years and very seldom do I have believers change their vocabulary or focus. Of course, our church has always referred to Resurrection, my children have always referred to it as Resurrection.

Sadly, and curiously, most other Christians seem to be on a crusade to save the bunny. It is as if dumping Peter Cotton Tail or getting rid of the word, "Easter" is an attack on the word of God and the doctrines of salvation. I understand that most people do not see it in the same way I see it, and I do not make it a point of separation, but sometimes others will distance themselves from me, as if I am a legalist or a cultist. GO FIGURE.

Still, we hold the ground. If someone wishes me a Happy Easter, I smile, and respond with either, He is Risen or, Happy Resurrection to you to. I know what they mean. I am not bashful about my position, but I don't allow a difference of understanding to come between me and other Christians.

However, I have found that cultist and other sinners usually have a better grasp of this issue than Christians. I think that churches and Christian parents have been unintentionally hindering the faith of their children by failing to teach them the greatness of the Resurrection, by adding pagan concepts. Again, it is not intentional, but I think it has happened. I don't think I have ever been told by a pastor or a parishioner that they changed their viewpoint after listening to me. Sad.

12/31/18 LIFT HIS NAME, AVOID THE SHAME